FASET is a program that welcomes over 3,000 students and their guests to Georgia Tech each summer. FASET could not happen without the help of Cabinet, our executive board made up of 12 leaders who work together for 10 months planning and implementing vital pieces of the FASET Orientation program. Cabinet is chosen in early September and finishes their term in Mid August. Cabinet is a unique opportunity to help create an institute wide program aimed to welcome new students.
Cabinet is split into six committees: Community Development, Information & Logistics, Membership & Recruitment, New Student Engagement, Programming, and Training & Leadership that lead different projects that play into the success of our program. For more information, please visit the committee information section below and read before applying.
Cabinet Member Responsibilities
- Be an extension of the FASET professional staff and help direct and advise the FASET Leader staff during each FASET session FASET professional staff and help direct and advise the FASET Leader staff during each FASET session
- Co-Lead a FASET Committee tasked with committee specific projects to be completed throughout the year FASET Committee tasked with committee specific projects to be completed throughout the year
- Lead and advise a Cab Team serving as a resource and support to a group consisting of seven-nine FASET Leaders
- Attend a NSTP Executive Officer Retreat (September 14-16)
- Attend weekly training meetings during the fall semester on Tuesday evening from 6:00 - 9:00 p.m.
- Attend weekly Cabinet meetings during the spring & summer on Monday evening from 6:00-8:00 p.m.
- Attend all FASET functions (trainings, orientation sessions, etc.)
- Represent Georgia Tech at the 2019 Annual Southern Regional Orientation Workshop (March 2019) including group educational presentations and spirit performances
- Assist in the recruitment and selection of the 2019 FASET Leader staff
- Maintain good academic and judicial standing with Georgia Tech
- Maintain a 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Work with institutional and community partners to enable the success of FASET and other NSTP programs
- Share your love and passion of Georgia Tech with 3,000+ incoming students and guests
Cabinet Member Benefits
- Significant experience developing and incorporating departmental initiatives while leading peers
- Fun and rewarding service to Georgia Tech
- Great opportunity to develop professional and personal relationships with faculty, staff, and students
- Opportunity to attend conferences and other types of professional development opportunities throughout the year
- Student leadership stipend